HomeLoan ProductsLoan ToolsLoan InformationNewsLoan ForumAbout UsContact Us

Jameshenad

Date Joined: May 7, 2012

hi, i have been contacted by a loan company called cash finance direct who have asked me to call a premium number to apply for a loan with them. Not to sure what to do coz i really need the loan and keep getting turned down everwhere else i try but these guys seem keen...any advice anyone? the phone call fee puts me off.

Posted 5 years ago #

Ulcecesee

Date Joined: May 8, 2012

Been their, got the t-shirt, also got a big phone bill and no loan at the end of it. Don't bother!

Posted 5 years ago #

magloyall

Date Joined: May 8, 2012

ITS A BIG SCAM IF YOU ENTER THE MOBILE NUMBER THAT THEY CALL YOU ON INTO GOOGLE YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF REVIEWS!!! STAY AWAY

Posted 5 years ago #

pletcherctr

Date Joined: May 9, 2012

I was contacted by this co yesterday and it didn't take much research to confirm my suspicions. Their is another site called cold calling database which is choka with people complaining about this firm. Ive also been contacted by 2 other firms wanting me to pay a fee just to apply with them!!! Ive decided that if your bank says no to a loan, you might as well give up.

Posted 5 years ago #

Emessever

Date Joined: May 10, 2012

I foolishly went through an application with CFD and have just recieved my phone bill showing more than £30 owing to them and no word of my loan. I was told on the phone that i can get my money back, is this right? If so how do i apply for it. i only have the premium rate number to contact them on.

Posted 5 years ago #

ceetlopo

Date Joined: May 11, 2012

Hi there,

I work for the FT and we are hoping to talk to people who have responded to letters that claim to offer an instant loan (companies such as 'Provident', for example), but then charge extremely high rates of interest, or, as you've mentioned, charge premium rates for calls but don't actually come up with the loan. I'd really be interested in hearing more about your experiences so if you could please get in touch over email victoria.richards@ft.com that would be great. Many thanks.

Posted 5 years ago #

Arnulfottl

Date Joined: May 11, 2012

Hi there,

Well genuine loan lending companies never ask to call on Premium Number, its common sense that in such competitive state usually the financial companies have a toll free assistance number on which you can discuss your loan issues and about the eligibility as well. There are some essentials for getting a loan from a lender. I would only suggest you to keep a distance from such companies.

Regards

Posted 5 years ago #

ojnkckay

Date Joined: June 16, 2012

I had a call today from Cash Finance Direct. I asked where they got my information from, and the guy said from a credit card company who recently turned me down. The number he gave me for the loan was a premium rate, however i had to ask this question the information was not supplied. They sound a con to me and having read the other posts, your loan is not even guarenteed after your costly call. If you do need a loan, may i suggest you try your own bank. I have bad credit, and was very surpised when my bank told me to come talk to them. We all make mistakes and get into debt, and there will always be companies out there waiting to "RIP US OFF SO BEWARE!!

Posted 4 years ago #

Acefereepliff

Date Joined: July 9, 2012

was tempted to call these for about 3 seconds then slapped myself stuip for even thinking about it thank god i didnt

Posted 4 years ago #

Steeceler

Date Joined: July 23, 2012

i had a phone call this afternoon.should have read the articles first.To claim money back you are given a reference no., and you have to send your phone bill in highlighted with their no.,on it.So i was told,feel an idiot now i think i was duped.

Posted 4 years ago #

Sadierubyei

Date Joined: July 24, 2012

Oh my goodness this is just the same with me
They said they would pay back my calls which was really stupid of me to make I know
Any way said send it to them via freepost of course no post code so I did find the address and sent copy from mobile to proove that they were called by me and guess what no money yet returted well this is really bad and not going to make me or any one else use their service which is really silly on there part is it

Posted 4 years ago #

trorroftensap

Date Joined: September 21, 2012

thank you very much. I will see it.

Posted 4 years ago #

zgiekmj

Date Joined: September 30, 2012

There are sites that offer complete information on applying for loans, requirement varies from person to person so does the interest rates.

immediatecashloanuk.co.uk

Posted 4 years ago #

BypeTwepayhen

Date Joined: November 26, 2012

hi, im so fed up with offers of a loan and when I enquire re-fees. im told that they do charge for this service.i have stupidly paid out a couple of times, to no avail.dont they realise if we are ne- eding a loan, we most certainly dont have odd cash lying around to lose on a fruitless excercise!

Posted 3 years ago #

OcCdFo

Date Joined: December 17, 2012

Hi,

I work within the Customer Services Department at Cash Finance Direct and after reading your posts I wanted to take the opportunity to answer some of the questions which have been raised.

ARE CASH FINANCE DIRECT A LEGITIMATE COMPANY?
Cash Finance Direct Limited, trading as Horizon Finance, is a master finance broker who helps individuals to arrange loans. We do not lend the money ourselves, but take your details through our telephone service, and pass them on to our extensive panel of lenders with the intent of them making an offer of finance to you directly.

We have a UK based call centre just outside Manchester, our full postal contact can be found here: http://horizonfinance.co.uk/contact.aspx, we have offered our service since 1996.
Our company registration number is 03173946, our consumer credit licence number is 0503842, we are also registered with the Information Commissioners office number Z1523771. We are accredited with the ISO 9001 award for approved quality management systems used in the running of the service we offer.

ARE CASH FINANCE DIRECT REGULATED?
We have been heavily regulated to operate the service we offer since 1996. We are licenced by both Phonepay Plus for our premium rate lines, and The Office of Fair Trading for our licence to arrange financial products on behalf of our customers. We also comply with the Information Commissioners operating code when processing client’s personal data. We are exempt from registration with the FSA (Financial services authority) as we do not arrange secured loans or lend money ourselves.

Compliance is absolutely paramount to our organisation, we have scripted wording for our agents to ensure they say only what they are permitted to say, nothing more, and nothing less. This is further supported by our ISO 9001 award for approved quality management systems, both of which demonstrate our commitment to staff training to ensure the service received by our clients is fully compliant at all times.

WHY DO YOU USE A PREMIUM RATE PHONE LINE?
We are a business, and therefore cannot operate our service for free, the back-up support, underwriting department, customer services department, agent costs, extended opening hours and other benefits have a cost attached to them, we must cover this cost by the use of our premium rate call.

We are transparent with our customers and do not disguise the fact that we generate an income from the use of our Premium Rate service. The call charges are provided from the outset, you will be answered by an automated greeting confirming the cost of the call and maximum call time before any conversation takes place, allowing you, the customer, to make a choice of whether or not to continue with using our service. Using premium rate telephone lines allows us not to be guided by which of our lenders will reward us with the biggest commissions, but on which lender is right for our customers and their individual circumstances or loan requirements.

We do not charge upfront application or administration fees, there are many other finance brokers in the market who charge up to £70.00 to take your details and pass them on to a lender. If you call from a BT landline, at £1.50 per minute our maximum first call charge is £22.50, which is fully refundable upon request, unlike other brokers who can make you wait up to six months to recover your costs.

A handful of the many benefits to using our service.....

* No waiting in a call queue when using our service.
* Dedicated agents dealing with your enquiry from start to finish.
* One of the largest lending panels in the UK with a dedicated underwriting department.
* A full “no questions asked” refund policy for any costs incurred in using our service.
* Dedicated customer services department offering freephone support from 9am to 7pm.
* Long opening hours - 8am to 9pm on Weekdays and Saturday from 9am to 4pm.
* UK call centre employing local, friendly and knowledgeable staff to handle your call efficiently.
* Investor in people and ISO 9001 accredited telephone agents dealing with your call.
* Regular updates and lender contact details sent to you free of charge by SMS and also by email.

AM I GUARANTEED A LOAN?
Cash Finance Direct is a loan broker, as such we do not lend the money to you directly, but we work with our large panel of lenders to find the right solution for you. We like to be open and honest with our clients and as such we would never promise you a loan, nor would we discuss typical APR’s with you as this is ultimately the decision of the lender and would very much depend upon your individual circumstances.

HOW DO I CLAIM MY CALL CHARGES BACK?
We would like to help every single customer get exactly what they want, unfortunately, this would be an impossible task and however hard we try, and however many lenders we have on our panel, we cannot help everyone. If, for whatever reason, you are not 100% completely satisfied with our service and would like to claim your money back, we offer a full “no questions asked” money back guarantee for the full costs of your call.

The law permits us to retain £5.00 towards the expenses we have incurred in processing your enquiry, however, we have chosen to waive this right and will always offer a full refund.

It is very important to us that our customers feel completely satisfied with the service we offer, and if you don’t, for whatever reason, we feel that you should not have to pay for it. We won’t question your reasons for wanting a refund, but we do appreciate your feedback so we may use it to focus our attentions on what is truly important to our customers.

In order to obtain a full refund, we would simply ask that you send in a copy of your telephone bill (to ensure that we do not underpay you) highlighting the calls made to our service.

If sending by post, you can either send it using our freepost service as below:

(No stamp required, simply write the above address on your envelope and we pay the cost)

Customer Services Department
FREEPOST
CFD
SK1 1TA

Or, you can use our normal postal address, but will need to place a stamp on your envelope:

Cash Finance Direct Limited
Floor 7
Dale House
Tiviot Dale
Stockport
Cheshire
SK1 1TA

A scanned copy of your telephone bill will be perfectly acceptable, please send it via email to: customerservices@horizonfinance.co.uk

NB: You can claim back your call charges whether or not your application is successful

If you are in any doubt that we have received your refund request, please do not hesitate to contact us, ideally via email to customerservices@horizonfinance.co.uk and we will come back to you as quickly as we can with an anticipated payment date, please include your name, address and telephone number so we can contact you via telephone if we need to.

HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO RECEIVE MY REFUND?
We are not permitted to be paid from the proceeds of your premium rate call for a minimum period of 30 days, there may also be details missing that has not allowed us to correctly identify your call details which requires further investigation, to allow us sufficient time to deal with your request properly, please allow around 45 days from the date you posted your request for a refund before initiating contact with us. If 45 days have now passed, and you have not yet received a refund, there is a possibility that we may not have received your initial request.

We cannot be responsible for the postal system and regrettably there are instances where customers refund requests do not reach us, however, these are few and far between and still covered under our “no questions asked” refund policy.

In these circumstances, we would ask that you please contact our Customer Services team, ideally by email to customerservices@horizonfinance.co.uk or through our freephone service, 0800 195 1980, where we will investigate and promptly address your request as a matter of urgency.

I hope this will answer any initial questions you may have and ask if there is any further information required to please contact our Customer Services Director at customerservices@horizonfinance.co.uk

Kind regards,
Cash Finance Direct

Posted 3 years ago #

dKzDpOzKeH

Date Joined: December 26, 2012

A few minutes ago I was called by a company who claimed to be DISCOVER FINANCIAL they said I contacted them via their website I asked them the website name and they said they didn't know, they put me through to some one. They told me to call 09061910870. I asked them for their company registration number with companies house because I never heard of them. The number was for CASH FINANCE DIRECT LIMITED. I asked them how much the phone call would cost per minute and she said it was £1.50 per minute and it would be refunded if you send them the phone bill. I asked why they dont just have a freephone number and she said it was to stop people from wasting their time but it would be easier and cheaper for them to have a freephone 0800 number

The reference they gave me began with DF (Discover Finance). Looking at the Companies house website CASH FINANCE DIRECT LIMITED'S status is in "Voluntary Arrangement" with 1 case of insolvency on 25/06/2009

According to the estate agent's property details of cash finance's registered offices cash finance are on floors 7 and 8. There is also another company which rents offices on the 3rd floor of the building called best4loans which seems to also be a loan broker

Posted 3 years ago #

Suttonztf

Date Joined: January 12, 2013

Hi,

I was contacted by Cash Finance Direct three months ago during my search for a loan. Admittedly I was sceptical after initial telephone calls but they were very helpful. Despite the high phone bill once I followed the refund procedure as advised I received a prompt refund without any hassle. On the basis of my experience I cannot see this company acting out of line with policy and regulation, and commend the way they handled me as a client.

Posted 3 years ago #

yr1rfo

Date Joined: January 13, 2013

Scandal this is. i was contacted 5 times by cash finance direct even after unsubcribing from the junk. call 09064001900 i keep getting told. this is linked to horizon finance, discover finance, CFD. google this phone number and see for yourselves and the premium rate scam has affected hundreds of us. Bankfair & Horizon/Cash Finance Direct Ltd share the same address. Business Name: Bankfair Limited Address: 7th Floor, Dale House Tiviot Dale, Stockport Postcode: SK1 1TA
County: Cheshire. tel 01617131883. so why not ask us to call this number you rip off artists.

Posted 3 years ago #

vheozhkyxq

Date Joined: February 4, 2013

I was after a loan of £8000, I had this 0161 number txt me, I then had to call back to an 0906 number. They said there were no fees, they said the firm was called CFD (Cash Finance Direct, I'm guessing). I was a little wary, but I called said 0906, and got thru to a guy who said he'd take my details, there's no fee, blah blah... He then told me I've got a 'strong application' and he'd pass me to his 'speedy application processing dept' and I had to call back within an our to ANOTHER 0906 number.... (sigh) but before I did another company called Wentworth called and said I had been 'approved', and took details for direct debit and said they will send me forms through. Wentworth seemed more honest, for a start it was just an 0844 number which was better.

BTW I never called CFD back. It is harder getting loans now, but I'll see what 'paperwork' is sent through by the other firm. As long as it's not FLM or a similar firm... :)

Yeah CFD quoted me the Stockport Freepost thing as well (probably someone's house :)) seemed fishy, we;ll have to see, at the worst I've lost £70... They ARE a broker, you don't pay fees via a card because you pay it via the phone instead on a really long 25 minute call at £3 an minute :)

Posted 3 years ago #

powersuper

Date Joined: February 22, 2013

WAT A SCAM STILL WAITING FOR REFUND FROM 4 MONTHS AGO, DID AS THEY SAID & POSTED BILL HIGHLIGHTED THE CALL STILL NO REPLY OR NO REFUND,

Posted 2 years ago #

ikinddorows

Date Joined: March 30, 2013

Ive just had Cash Finance Direct send me a txt asking me to ring what looks like a NORMAL number : 01302 597436. I was interested till I read all your comments!!!!

Posted 2 years ago #

OcCdFo

Hi Lisajane

Please e-mail me at customer services if you have still not received your refund I will look into this matter immediately.

Yours truly

Customer Service Team

Posted 2 years ago #

terbreemnmast

Date Joined: April 21, 2013

i Got fooled by this cfd as well , i made one call then in the middle of it they hung up on me ,i stupidly phone up again to say can they ring me back guess what they said no!!!
i have now been left with two bills one for £19 and one for £23 I am not happy!!!!!!

Posted 2 years ago #

OcCdFo

Hi kernowgirl

I work within the customer service department at CFD, every client is informed of the charges at the start of every call, the first call cannot exceed 15 minutes that is why the telephone would have been hung up.

We would like to help every single customer get exactly what they want, unfortunately, this would be an impossible task and however hard we try and however many lenders we have on our panel we cannot help everyone. If, for whatever reason, you are not 100% completely satisfied with our service and would like to claim your money back, we offer a full “no questions asked” money back guarantee for the full costs of your call.

The law permits us to retain £5.00 towards the expenses we have incurred in processing your enquiry, however, we have chosen to waive this right and will always offer a full refund.

It is very important to us that our customers feel completely satisfied with the service we offer, and if you don’t, for whatever reason, we feel that you should not have to pay for it. We won’t question your reasons for wanting a refund, but we do appreciate your feedback so we may use it to focus our attentions on what is truly important to our customers.

In order to obtain a full refund, we would simply ask that you send in a copy of your telephone bill (to ensure that we do not underpay you) highlighting the calls made to our service.

If sending by post, you can either send it using our freepost service as below:

(No stamp required, simply write the above address on your envelope and we pay the cost)

Customer Services Department
FREEPOST
CFD
SK1 1TA

Or, you can use our normal postal address, but will need to place a stamp on your envelope:

Cash Finance Direct Limited
Floor 7
Dale House
Tiviot Dale
Stockport
Cheshire
SK1 1TA

A scanned copy of your telephone bill will be perfectly acceptable, please send it via email to: customerservices@horizonfinance.co.uk

If you are in any doubt that we have received your refund request, please do not hesitate to contact us, ideally via email to customerservices@horizonfinance.co.uk and we will come back to you as quickly as we can with an anticipated payment date, please include your name, address and telephone number so we can contact you via telephone if we need to.

Regards

Customer Service Team

Posted 2 years ago #

Mary Oxendine

Date Joined: May 13, 2013

i got a call of cash finance direct asking me for my bank details. like an idiot i gave them them , and they also asked me to send them a 60 pound u cash voucher of and i did they told me my 500 pound loan would be in my account within 20 minutes. and it wasnt there such a rip of!! they took my babys money, i have rung the police and there isnt such a company it went bust in 2005 so please dont send them any money there from india doing it from abroad!!!

Posted 2 years ago #

vzmnkvud88

Date Joined: May 18, 2013

Cash Finance Direct does exist, but they as a company are currently in a CVA (Company Voluntary Arrangement)

''It is simply a deal between the insolvent company and its creditors; this deal places a ringfence around the company and stops creditors attacking you. It allows a viable but struggling company to repay some, or all, of its historic debts out of future profits, over a period of time to be agreed. ''

Seems ironic that a company such as them, that prey on poor albeit stupid people, should be in trouble themselves!!

Posted 2 years ago #

Hermosapxl

Date Joined: May 10, 2013

be sure to know all about the loan terms
and check it with a loan calculator
http://www.loancalculatorformula.com/
so you'll have no worries when you get enrolled in a loan :)
good luck!

Posted 2 years ago #

purepiedoff

Date Joined: May 26, 2012

Total cons the lot of then all payday loans are i am in more debt than i started with first of all i was only after a £200 loan after being passed from pillar to post i was directed to a company calle myloans.co.uk not just by one but almost evry company i looked at they asked mre for £69.99 processing fee which i quickly pulled out of and left the page prompt.. but low and behold the next day i had 69.99 missing form my account so after my 6th try i got through to them i nicely descussed what had happened and i wanted to know how they got my bank details in the first place as i pulled out of the offer before entering the agreementthe coversation went back and forth till i told the guy on the other line that i think there a pure con, he hung up.. yes hung up now after 8th call today i still cant get through.... because of these charletons im in more debt than i first started with and all for the sake of a loan of £200,
my advice screw them all

Posted 1 year ago #

alibedford

Date Joined: June 12, 2012

soooo i was looking for reviews on another BROKER loansplusmore when stumbled on this thread and thought i'd share my experience! 3 years ago a letter from wentworth direct drops through my door stating that i have been approved for a £5000 loan, at the time i was young and naive, rang their premium rate number to be forwarded onto ralph marlon which charged me £59 for the privelage of trying to broker me a loan, needless to say i got no loan and no return of my £59, i promised never to fall into this trap again and for 3 years all has been well :)). 2 weeks ago the husbands car breaks down and we need a loan to be able to buy a new one, mainly because without it he wouldnt get to work, so i get passed around from broker to broker all of which i dont mind as they were not charging a thing for doing it, till i get to tesco the following morning and find £69 dissapeared from my account over night. i rang my bank who put me through to the visa dispute reolution centre where a man happily told me this was happening more and more and that my best chance was to ring the thieves who took it (loansplusmore) and ask for a refund. so i ring them and speak to a very unhelpful, rude and downright vile lady who said that they would only CONSIDER a refund if i wrote to them and even then they could refuse... after a lot of tooing and frowing over the phone and many obscenities on my half, i wrote them a letter stating that if they didnt refund my money within 7 days i would be contacting trading standards as well as the police after advise was given from my bank. well low and behold exactly 7 days from the date of my letter the £69 was back in my account. so for all those that have been fcuked over by these con artists, you can get your money back you just need to show these w@nkers you aren't going to sit back and let them make a mug of you :))

Posted 1 year ago #

vipes

Date Joined: July 8, 2012

What a scam this company is.
I just got a text saying ring this number ect so I did, the lady asked me 3 or 4 questions and told me I have been accepted there and then.... ok so she gives me a premium number to ring 09061910870. I rang the number and a teenage girl answers and quickly says the calls are charged at £1.52 a min ect, she starts laugthing and other girls in the background are laughing too I said do you need my reference she says " Yer what is it".... she was outside aswell I could hear the wind. Pathetic company, needless to say I hung up.

Posted 1 year ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.

WARNING: THINK CAREFULLY BEFORE SECURING OTHER DEBTS AGAINST YOUR HOME. YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON A MORTGAGE OR ANY OTHER DEBT SECURED ON IT.

Home | Loan Products | Loan Tools | Loan Information | News | Loan Forum | About Us | Contact Us
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | XML Sitemap | RSS

© 2008 Cheaploans.co.uk - All Rights Reserved.